lTl Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Commands for CS

2 posters

Go down

Important Commands for CS Empty Important Commands for CS

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:00 pm

I was recently talking to someone who has been playing CS for a long time, and every time i watched him play it seemed as if he were firing faster. However, he explained to me that you just have to have your launch commands set correctly. These launch commands will make your game run very smooth and will likely increase your in-game performance. This is what he told me:

here are the launch commands you should use:

-noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd -freq 100 -nojoy -heapsize 1048576 -full

the 3 noforce commands, 100 hz, no ram is allocated to a joystick that you don't use, overall ram usage in cs, and makes cs start fullscreen always

copy paste into the cs launch options

the heapsize is assuming you have 2 gigs of ram, if you only have 1 gig, use -heapsize 524288 (for 500MB divide 524288 by 2 and so on). That command uses your ram to its fullest extent while playing cs

in the case that you don't know what/where launch options are:

1. look at cs icon in the steam "my games" tab
2. right click, go to properties
3. set launch options

Also, make sure your rates are set correctly in CS. In-game console, type in "cl_updaterate 100" "cl_cmdrate 100" "rate 20000-25000" "ex_interp .01 to .05"

*If this doesnt change anything, its probably because you had these values set at default anyway.
**If this makes you play in windowed mode you need to lower the -freq value, keeping lowering it until it plays in fullscreen.
***If you can't figure this out, post your problems here.

This is a repost from http://tdr.happygamers.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18

Back to top Go down

Important Commands for CS Empty Re: Important Commands for CS

Post  SweetLeaf Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 am

Great post gift, I'm actually going to try this when I get home tonight...some useful info onhere:)

Thanks

Sweet
SweetLeaf
SweetLeaf
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Important Commands for CS Empty Solid

Post  GreenLeaf Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Very good info, Thanks MAN
GreenLeaf
GreenLeaf
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★

https://l33t.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2009 11:27 pm

study thanks man! this better not get me banned! lolz study

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenLeaf Sun May 17, 2009 11:18 am

lol cyclops
GreenLeaf
GreenLeaf
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★

https://l33t.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 pm

I use the noforce commands. I've been playing cs for years and years and these seem to never change, you can also use these with "CPL mouse fix", google and read about that if you'd like. I don't use it, I just turn off "enhance pointer precision" in mouse options in Windows XP.

If you have 2 gigs of ram there is no need for heapsize, this is CS 1.6, it doesn't require much memory anyway. If you have anything lower than a gig of ram (ex. 512mb) I suggest using heapsize if you have problems with graphic lag, if you don't, then don't use it! Very Happy

Also, most of the time it is best to leave interp alone as it could screw your game up if it doesn't work well with your rates. The reason "ex_interp 0.05" was stated in this thread is because .05 isn't as "choppy" as .01 in public servers...you'll know what I mean if you set it to .01 and go into a pub, the people tend to look flashing. The reason it is choppy is because it doesn't work well with your current updaterate value set.

**Use "ex_interp 0", this option sets your interpolation based on your rates, and the tick of the server, so it decides which setting is best for you at that given time.

I know this is a long post, but make sure you know what you're doing. These settings CAN hurt your game if you aren't using them best with your hardware.

I recommend this site for more information: http://www.ggkthnx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270&page=1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks jon im sure this will be helpful, And i know what ur talkinbg about the first time i tried to fuck around with my rates i had to put htem allback to default bc everything was being bad....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum