lTl Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mIRC Channel

Go down

mIRC Channel Empty mIRC Channel

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey all...I have setup a an IRC channel for us: #twilight...its a good way to get our name out there, get scrims if we're bored...but, we need to have people idling in there to represent...if you have IRC, please idle in there as much as possible...if you have no idea what im talking about, come talk to me and explain it...you can download IRC at www.mirc.com...its really easy and not time consuming and the more people we have in there the better!!!

Back to top Go down

mIRC Channel Empty Re: mIRC Channel

Post  SweetLeaf Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:20 am

Thanks for the help tickle, i'll try to idle wheni can Smile
SweetLeaf
SweetLeaf
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★
★α∂мιηιѕтяαтσя★

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:07 pm

I'll idle if I can get OPS... Wink

#Twilight though? People will think we are a group of fans for the book/movie...haha.

Why not #LTL or something? idk just a thought brahhhhh...I'll idle anyway.

We need to start using mIRC as a clan together to chat, talk about scrims, get scrims, etc.etc. Also fans of our server will come in our channel to have friendly chats as well, which, as you said, would get our name out there and we'll always have people coming back!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:04 pm

i am still shaky on the commands and what-not...i gave you op but it doesnt show up on the side...i know people can have the + or @ in front of their name but i forgot how to do all that stuff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 pm

OK guys this is pretty important...this can build our community up more than anything.

Having an mIRC channel does the following:
1) Fans of our server can idle and talk to us when we're not playing cs.
2) We can go on there whenever someone isn't in vent to do text-based chat.
3) We can find scrims on gamesurge.
4) We can have scrimbot which people who are in our channel, can tell how a game is going in our scrim...It tells them who kills who, the score, etc when the scrim is LIVE.

SO IDLE UP!

I'll be posting a tutorial on mIRC when I get the time, because it's hard to understand if you haven't used it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:58 pm

How to Get Started on mIRC and join our clan's channel!

1. Download mIRC chat client here http://www.mirc.com/
  2. Install and Run the client
  3. Register your GameSurge account: http://gamesurge.net/createaccount/ This account is used to AUTHENTICATE yourself with the server our channel is on, which is GameSurge. This makes it possible for admins of the channel to be able to BAN/KICK/ETC within the channel. Without this, it wouldn't be our channel. Also you MUST do this in order to chat within the channel, so please do this.
  4. Once you have made an account, you get an email telling you the /AuthServ command you must type in, in order for GameSurge to recognize you as that specific user. This must be done EVERY time you start mIRC. If you are confused about this step, please see: http://gamesurge.net/newuser/
  5. Once you Authenticate yourself, and you get the message:
    mIRC Channel Auth
    I can tell you a shortcut to where you can authenticate yourself automatically and join the channel as soon as you start mIRC. This step will be (STEP 6) in this numbered list...Anyone confused at this point go back to step 3-4, or see the new user guide located here: http://gamesurge.net/newuser/. If you are still confused, I will personally give you instructions in VENT when I'm in there, just let me know that you need help and I'll be more than happy to offer assistance.
  6. How to Perform: Go to Tools -> Options, once there, hit the button that says "Perform...". Check the box at the top left hand corner that reads "Enable Perform on connect", for the text box titled "Perform Commands", type the following and hit the box "OK":
    /authserv auth username password
    /join #Twilight

Obviously "username" will be your unique username you already auth'd with authserv, and "password" will be your unique password.

Now when you hit connect on mIRC, it will automatically authenticate you AND join the channel.

Once again if ANY of you need help, or if a lot of you do, either ME or tickleme[pink] will be able to assist. Don't feel ashamed to ask for help, this is a very confusing program but it is very simple once you TRY. Remember: To make this community thrive, we have to work together to complete the task at hand...and right now this mIRC channel will help us a lot to strengthen our community.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:37 pm

jon that step by step is very helpful...i know it looks confusing to people who have not used mIRC before but its really EASY!!! also, if you're one of those people that leaves your computer on 24/7, we can really use your help to support the channel...like jon pointed out, this can be very beneficial to the clan so please sign up and support!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:36 am

Thanks jon for the help,,,,all set up/reg for Mirc

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 pm

So far we have 7 active users in the mIRC channel. PLEASE join up, chat, and have fun. It's not that hard guys come on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum